Saturday, April 11, 2009

Artist for Warrior's Duty Cover Art

More news from the novel front -- the one being published, not the one I'm working on.

The publisher is actually allowing me (Swimming Kangroo Books are super-nice people to work with) to pick the artist and forwarded me links to four artist's galleries. Very exciting! This is at least close to the last step.

I picked out an artist named Jeff Ward who does some very nice work. I'm assuming the publisher will agree since they asked.

Woohoo! I will finally have cover art to post!

I'm going to post a longer portion of the first chapter as a sample so you can get a better idea of what Warrior's Duty is about.

3 comments:

Craig Hart said...

Hey, that sounds exciting! Keep us up to date on the cover art. Can't wait to see it.

J. R. Tomlin said...

Thanks, Jack. I've been really anxious to see what the artist comes up with. Although I gave him some of my thoughts on it, I'm encouraging him to use his own imagination.

Here's his his gallery web address.

http://stungeon.deviantart.com/gallery/

Anonymous said...

OH that is soo great Jeanne! I am super happy and excited for you! I cannot wait to see what you pick!